Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hello,
A few weeks ago one of you emailed me and asked if I had any ideas for finding some Christian based DVDs on Volcanoes, Earth's features, rocks, and minerals. I finally had the time to sit and research this on the computer and found some information on this subject. Please note that I haven’t previewed these DVDs or purchased them myself. It may be that if you order them, you can get your money back if they aren’t what you need. I would certainly ask for this if I were you. Also, I hope that you do preview any movie that you show to kids. I learned this lesson myself.

I started my research by typing ‘Christian DVD earth science’ in the search engine. Here are some of the DVDs that I found that looked like they would be good for our SDA schools.

I found these and more at Christianbook.com.
1. The Awesome Forces of God’s Creation – 3 DVD set. Published by Moody.
2. Global Warming: A Scientific and Biblical Expose of Climate Change. Published by Answers in Genesis.
3. The Ice Age: Only the Bible Explains It. Published by Answers in Genesis.

I found another website called ‘Sing ‘N Learn (www.singnlearn.org) that had a DVD called Earth Science. One reviewer commented that there was no evolutionary material in the DVD. There is other teaching material there, also. The phone number of this site is 1-800-460-1973.

I also found quite a few DVDs at Christiandvd.com. From the Home page, look on the left sidebar and click ‘Teaching’, then click ‘Science’. You will be on a page that has a nice variety of Christian DVDs on science.

The last site I found was www.sixdaycreation.com/cms . There is a wealth of information on Christian based science and I found it to really interesting to look around on this site.

If anyone has found this information already and has a good source for purchasing them, please let me know and I will be happy to pass it along to the group.

I hope you have a great week.
Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment