Monday, November 24, 2014

Dayton Library

Greetings!

This post is short, but it could be very important to some of you. Last week I had a visitor from Dayton, WA, a small town within an hour’s drive from College Place. The church used to have a small SDA school years ago, but it closed and they are now wanting to ‘relocate’ the books that were used in the school. We had a nice discussion and I decided to go see for myself. Last Friday I had the opportunity to visit their library and help them a little. Maggie asked me if there were other schools that might be interested in the books. They are free and they would work with any school to get the books to them.

I would make a safe guess that nearly 90% of their books are SDA-published or Christian published. There are lots of mission stories and older SDA paperback books and they want to share them with anyone who needs or wants them. I would guess that if you have a particular want you could call and see if they have the book or books you want.

If you or a friend expect to be in this area at some point in the next five or six months, you can visit the church in Dayton and take away all the books you want.

I hope each of you have a blessed and restful Thanksgiving break. I’m looking forward to my son and his fiancĂ©e coming and also doing some sewing and quilting.
Audrey

PS. If you do get some books from Dayton, I would be very interested in knowing this. I hope you send me a quick email letting me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment