Tuesday, April 26, 2016

National Parks Display Idea

Hello,

I had a brilliant idea and I just wanted to share this with you since I only have brilliant ideas a very few times each year!

Since 2016 is the centennial of the National Parks program, I am getting a display ready that will last through next December. I am putting up a map of the National Parks in the library. I bought some pins with colored flags and we will mark each park that someone in our school has visited. I’ll write names or initials on the flag of the pin. I’m trying to decide how to verify an actual park visit. Maybe I’ll have a short form for students to take home and have parents sign, or maybe it isn’t necessary. Still thinking about that, so if you have any thought or ideas for me, please let me know.

I also bought a couple of books about the national parks and I’ll have them in a prominent area for students to check out. My map has been delayed, so I can’t show you what it looks like, so look for that coming in a week or so.

If this sounds like something your school would enjoy working on, I’d like to encourage you to do it along with me.

Have a great week,

Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment