Monday, March 13, 2017

NAD Teacher's Convention 2018

Hello,

We recently had an in-service for our conference and during the announcements, it was mentioned that the next SDA Teacher’s Convention is coming up in August 2018. That’s about a year and a half from now, but I started thinking.

At the last convention in Nashville, I gave presentations. In 2012 I spoke about organizing your small school library and also moderated a session for a Library Shop Talk. I noticed at the 2006 convention that there were Shop Talks for just about every possible subject or grade level that could be EXCEPT for Library. I decided that there would be one even if I had to moderate it. The reason I spoke about Organizing Your Small School Library because Patti Revolinski had enlisted me to help organize a small school library in the summers and by 2012 we had worked on four libraries and learned a lot. I knew that I could not get to every single small school and thought if I showed what we had done other schools could do what we had done.

I am considering giving a presentation in 2018 and would like to solicit your input. What kind of information would you like to see offered at the convention? Library organization, lists of books similar to what I send out periodically, a place to ask questions and see what others do with their small school libraries? You may have other ideas, too.

If you have any thoughts, please send me an email with your suggestions.

Have a great week and also a wonderful spring vacation next week!

Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment