Monday, May 8, 2017

Book Art ideas

Hello,

If you are weeding out your library, you might wonder what to do with the books you have weeded. I have given ideas in previous posts and you can check my blog for those ideas, but I have one more to add to the list today – Book Art.

I enjoy browsing around on Pinterest and have found some wonderful picture of exceptional art that people have created from old books. Many of them are quite intricate and not child friendly, but there are some ideas that children can do. What about using pages from a book for origami? You probably have folded old Reader’s Digest magazines into Christmas trees, but you can do that with a book, too. This site has a lot of great ideas. https://www.pinterest.com/explore/book-art/?lp=true

If you type in Book Art in an internet search, you will see images of ideas. I don’t know if I will do anything about it, but you might be exceptionally creative or have students who would just love to work with old books to create something wonderful.

Have a great week.

Audrey





No comments:

Post a Comment